- Thief in a museum, actually a trapeze artist so able to move about with a lot of ease to avoid security guard.
- Uses a grappling hook for entry and escape.
Found this idea too generic so didn’t develop any further.
- Museum dedicated to circuses, one of the displays has an old yellowing newspaper clipping and rusting grappling hook with it.
- The story with the newspaper clipping describes a horrific accident at a popular troupe's performance, and all that's left of them is this report, name completely tarnished because of the accident.
Idea 3 (Further development on no.2):
- Old man visits a closing down museum dedicated to circuses, and stares at an old display case with a newspaper clipping.
- Displayed with it there’s leotards, photographs and a rusting grappling hook.
- The newspaper headline tells of a horrific accident at a popular troupe’s performance, and a flashback ensues of the fateful night where a duo introduces a new part to their performance, a grappling hook – which results in the performance going wrong and causing casualties and also the death of one of the duo.
- Revealed that the old man is the survivor of the duo and wanted closure after so long.