Sunday 20 October 2013

Cinematic Spaces: Thumbnails 33-64

In the second extract I was provided from "A Journey to the Center of the Earth" the find themselves at the shores of a never ending ocean.

"A vast sheet of water, the commencement of a lake or am ocean, spread far away beyond the range of the eye..." "The deeply indented shore was lined with a breadth of fine shining sand, softly lapped by the waves, and strewn with the small shells which had inhabited by the first of created beings." - Chapter XXX



My favourite from this set is no.35 which I referenced a sea cove, for the sunlight through the open gaps of the cove I reduced the opacity and blurred it to smooth my strokes, and no.37 with the waves lightly hitting the shore.
In the next part of my second extract the location changes to a forest of over sized mushrooms. I've never actually draw mushrooms properly before, so I thought it would be useful to do a quick study on various ones. This took less than 5 minutes to do, so it was very beneficial without being time consuming.



I therefore attempted to put these into practice in my thumbnails:


I enjoyed trying different views for each thumbnail and my personal favorite from this set would be no.50.
In other sketches I have included the over sized fern tree and over foliage as described in the extract.


No comments:

Post a Comment