Wednesday 18 February 2015

Adaptation Part B: Further Style Research

As discussed with Alan in my previous tutorial, I need to work out how I will achieve the painting style for my 3D character. I've looked into other artists attempts at combining ancient Oriental style paintings and CG.



Laura Hutton's digitally painted textures gives it an ancient Oriental painting style (similar to the style in Okami): 



Andrew Hazelden modelled polygon geometry that approximated the shape of each object in the scene. He then loaded the Wu Guanzhong painting layer elements into Maya as a series of Photoshop PSD nodes. Each PSD node was projection mapped onto the geometry using a camera mapping technique that transfers the texture from the painting onto the 3D surfaces.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Gemma

    Can you contact or come and see me regarding your absence at Wednesdays acting class.

    ReplyDelete